Each year CAIMS/SCMAI hosts an annual meeting for all members. This meeting is one of the central activities of CAIMS and has been held for over 30 years. The annual meeting covers all areas of applied and industrial mathematics with high profile speakers invited to give keynote addresses on currently active thematic areas.
CAIMS Annual Meeting 2019
The Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Applied and Industrial Mathematics (CAIMS 2019) will take place at the Whistler Conference Centre in Whistler, British Columbia, from June 9-13, 2019.
- Compressed Sensing/Data Science (Ben Adcock, SFU)
- Scientific Computing (Steve Ruuth and Manfred Trummer, SFU)
- Math Biology & Mathematics in Health Sciences (Caroline Colijn, SFU)
- Fluid Dynamics/Industrial Applications (Huaxiong Huang, Fields & York Univ)
- Applied PDEs (Slim Ibrahim, UVic, and Weiran Sun, SFU)
- Mathematical Finance (Anthony Ware, UCalgary)
- Joel Tropp, California Institute of Technology
- Anna-Karin Tornberg, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
- Rebecca Hoyle, University of Southhampton
- Jun Zhang, New York University & Courant Institute
- Catherine Sulem, University of Toronto
- René Aïd, Université Paris-Dauphine
|Attendees||Fee||Early Fee (prior to March 24, 2019)|
|Students and Postdocs||$275||$225|
**includes CAIMS membership until December 2020.
Conference registration includes one banquet ticket, Welcome Reception, coffee breaks, and wireless Internet access at the conference venue.
The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences is providing funds to support CAIMS 2019 attendance by young researchers. Therefore, we are pleased to offer a limited number of travel subsidies available to Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows at PIMS affiliated Universities. Please complete the application form.
Mini-symposia, Contributed Talks and Posters
If you like to submit a contributed talk or poster, please use the submission form below. Participants who have been invited by organizers of mini-symposia, please use the same submissions link.