Each year CAIMS/SCMAI hosts an annual meeting for all members. This meeting is one of the central activities of CAIMS and has been held for over 30 years. The annual meeting covers all areas of applied and industrial mathematics with high profile speakers invited to give keynote addresses on currently active thematic areas.
CAIMS Annual Meeting 2019
The Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Applied and Industrial Mathematics (CAIMS 2019) will take place in Whistler, British Columbia, from June 9-13, 2019.
The organizers would like to invite members to submit proposals for mini-symposia in the theme areas and any other area in applied or industrial mathematics of interest. Please submit your proposal by December 15, 2018.
Contributed talks and poster submissions are also welcome; submissions are, however, not yet being accepted.
- Compressed Sensing/Data Science (Ben Adcock, SFU)
- Scientific Computing (Steve Ruuth and Manfred Trummer, SFU)
- Math Biology & Mathematics in Health Sciences (Caroline Colijn, SFU)
- Fluid Dynamics/Industrial Applications (Huaxiong Huang, Fields & York Univ)
- Applied PDEs (Slim Ibrahim, UVic, and Weiran Sun, SFU)
- Mathematical Finance (Anthony Ware, UCalgary)
- Joel Tropp, California Institute of Technology
- Anna-Karin Tornberg, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
- Rebecca Hoyle, University of Southhampton
- Jun Zhang, New York University & Courant Institute
- Catherine Sulem, University of Toronto
- René Aïd, Université Paris-Dauphine
Calendar & Submissions
Abstract submission closes on April 30, 2019.
Registration prices increase on March 24, 2019.