CAIMS is a vibrant and collegial community of applied mathematicians providing important and effective networking opportunities for researchers and students across the country. Through CAIMS, the applied mathematics community has a voice with national organisations such as NSERC, and with the mathematics institutes. In addition, CAIMS provides funding to the society’s Activity groups, which are thus empowered with additional means to support speakers, workshops, and other educational and networking activities.
In addition, CAIMS supports and promotes applied mathematics research and education in Canada in the following ways:
- by providing annual awards for researchers and PhD graduates. Winners receive a substantial cash award, and are invited to give a plenary talk at the annual meeting.
- by providing a venue for announcements of workshops, job positions, and other matters of interest to the Canadian applied mathematics community through the monthly E-News digital publication.
- by providing career support to graduate students in Canada, and Canadian graduate students abroad, through the GAP connector.
- by providing an important platform for Canadian applied mathematics research through the society’s publications: The scientific journal “Mathematics of Science and Industry”, the CMS/CAIMS book series, and the CAIMS blog.
Your membership provides you with ready access to the CAIMS community as described above. In addition, your membership comes with financial and voting benefits:
- a reduced rate for in-person registration at the annual meeting
- free subscription to the annual newsletter
- reduced membership fees for SIAM and GAMM
- voting rights at the CAIMS Annual Meeting
- eligibility for candidacy to the CAIMS Board
Rates for regular membership:
- $1,000 Lifetime Membership
- $240 Retired Lifetime Membership
- $80 Regular Annual Membership
- $20 Student/Retired/Unemployed Annual Membership
- $56 non-Canadian SIAM/SMAI members
- $53 non-Canadian GAMM members