CAIMS is a vibrant and collegial community of applied mathematicians providing important and effective networking opportunities for researchers and students across the country. Through CAIMS, the applied mathematics community has a voice with national organisations such as NSERC, and with the mathematics institutes. In addition, CAIMS provides funding to the society’s Activity groups, which are thus empowered with additional means to support speakers, workshops, and other educational and networking activities.
In addition, CAIMS supports and promotes applied mathematics research and education in Canada in the following ways:
- by providing annual awards for researchers and PhD graduates. Winners receive a substantial cash award, and are invited to give a plenary talk at the annual meeting.
- by providing a venue for announcements of workshops, job positions, and other matters of interest to the Canadian applied mathematics community through the monthly E-News digital publication.
- by providing career support to graduate students in Canada, and Canadian graduate students abroad, through the GAP connector.
- by providing an important platform for Canadian applied mathematics research through the society’s publications: The scientific journal “Mathematics of Science and Industry”, the CMS/CAIMS book series, and the CAIMS blog.
Academic institutional membership is intended for academic departments and research institutes. Academic memberships are available for $300 per year (institutions with a total enrollment of 10,000 or more) or $200 per year (institutions with a total enrollment less than 10,000). Your membership supports the important activities of CAIMS listed above, and provides your faculty and students with the following financial and voting benefits:
- free associated institutional membership for all graduate students and postdoctoral research fellows registered in the department/institute.
- free associated institutional membership for new faculty for 1 year.
- free associated institutional membership for academic research visitors for up to 1 year.
As many institutions are keen to support both CAIMS and CMS, the two societies have simplified the membership application process by providing you with the opportunity to register for membership in both societies at the same time.
|Sign-up or Renew your Membership Online