- CAIMS Distinguished Lectures in Mathematical Biology.
The purpose of the annual CAIMS Distinguished Lecture in Mathematical Biology is to (i) provide access to high quality international speakers in mathematical biology to all interested campuses and mathematical biology programs in Canada; (ii) encourage mathematical biology dialogue across Canada by providing researchers across the country with a common speaker series; (iii) raise the profiles of mathematical biology and CAIMS in Canada; (iv) provide smaller programs (with limited resources) access to high calibre international speakers. If you want to host such a lecture in your institute, please contact Dr. Xingfu Zou at ( email@example.com ).
Past and upcoming Distinguished Lectures:
- *2020: Jimmy Garnier from CNRS at the Université de Savoie-Mont Blanc (France), talk given at the University of Alberta (hosted by Mark Lewis and Rebecca Tyson (UBC))
- *2019: Simon Levin from Princeton University,
talk at the University of Victoria (hosted by Pauline van den Driessche)
- *2018: Christina Cobbold from University of Glasgow, talk given at University of Ottawa (hosted by Frithjof Lutscher)
- *2017: Kevin Painter from Hariot-Watt University, talk given at the University of Alberta (host by Thomas Hillen)
- *2016: Michael Bonsall from Oxford University, talk given at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan (hosted by Rebecca Tyson)
- *2015: Laurent Pujo-Menjouet from University of Lyon,talk-part-1 and part-2 given at York University (hosted by Jianhong Wu)
Our members are also actively involved in organizing various events
in mathematical biology. Below are some recent examples:
- *2020-2021: Covid-19 Seminar (online) , organized by Kumar Murty and Jianhong Wu.
- *2019 (Aug 12-16): Problem Solving Workshop “Systems Modelling in the Pharmaceutical Industry” (organized Morgan Craig)
- *2019 (Jul-22-26): SMB Annual Meeting in Montreal( organized by Jacques Belair and his colleagues);
- *2019 (Jun-27-28): Workshop on Mathematical Ecology at Queen’s University (organized by Felicia Magpantay and her colleagues)
- *2019 (Jun-14-15): Levin Fest 2019, A Symposium at the Intersection of Mathematics and Biology at the University of Victoria (organized by Pauline van den Driessche and her colleagues). Plenary tall Simon Levin (Priceton)
- *2018 (Jul-23-27): The Sixth G. J. Butler International Conference on Differential Equations and Population Biology at the Univ Alberta (organized by Hao Wang and Michael Li)
- *2018: A symposium to celebrate Mackey and Glass at McGill (organized by Jacques Belair)
- *2017: A workshop at University of Waterloo (organized by Chris Bauch)
- *2016: A summer school at University of Alberta (organize by Thomas Hillen);
- * 2016: A summer school at York University (organized by Jane Heffernan)