Mathematics in Science and Industry
The official Journal of CAIMS / SCMAI
Aims and scopes
Mathematics in Science and Industry (MSI) is the official journal of the Canadian Applied and Industrial Mathematical Society / Societé Canadienne de Mathématique Appliquées et Industrielles (CAIMS/SCMAI). We invite contributions in all areas of applied and industrial mathematics.
MSI is an international journal that publishes mathematically innovative research papers and review papers on topics relevant to real-world applications. Typical mathematical methods include, but are not limited to: dynamical systems, ordinary, partial, and stochastic differential equations, variational methods, optimization, numerics, stochastic processes, probability, models of mathematical physics, mathematical finance, fluids, mechanics, mathematical biology, and mathematical medicine. Applications include physics, geophysics, finance, biology, microbiology, medicine, epidemiology, engineering, industrial applications, chemistry, nano-technologies, computer science, social sciences, and other sciences.
Articles in MSI contain a closing section (typically called Discussion or Conclusion) that relates the results to the application discipline in a format that is accessible to non-experts. Authors are encouraged to submit English and French abstracts, with the paper itself being in English.
MSI is published by the American Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) www.aimsciences.org
- This is a temporary website for MSI. It will be moved as soon as the official website at AIMS is installed.
- Submissions are currently accepted via e-mail to the chief editors:
Thomas Hillen (email@example.com) and Ray Spiteri (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Special issues: Proponents of special issues will be guest editors for the special issue and also write a preface (2-3 pages) for the issue.
Editors in Chief:
- Thomas Hillen (University of Alberta, email@example.com)
- Ray Spiteri (University of Saskatchewan, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lia Bronsard (McMaster University)
- Richard Craster (Imperial College on London, UK)
- David Earn (McMaster University)
- Ronald Haynes (Memorial University)
- Jane Heffernan (York University)
- Nicholas Kevlahan (McMaster University)
- Yong-Jung Kim (KAIST, Korea)
- Mark Lewis (University of Alberta)
- Kevin J. Painter (Heriot-Watt University, UK)
- Vakhtang Putkaradze (University of Alberta)
- Katrin Rohlf (Ryerson University)
- John Stockie (Simon Fraser University)
- Jie Sun (Clarkson University, USA)
- Justin Wan (University of Waterloo)
- Michael Ward (University of British Columbia)
- Tony Ware (University of Calgary)
- Brian Wetton (University of British Columbia)