Awarded the Arthur Beaumont Distinguished Service Award in June 2003.
The Arthur Beaumont Distinguished Service Award is presented to Dr. Anna Lawniczak of the University of Guelph in recognition of her outstanding service to the Society over the years 1996 to 2003, including four years as President. Dr. Lawniczak’s legacy to the Society includes a new constitution, incorporation under the Canada Corporations Act, a change of name of the Society reflecting greater involvement in industrial mathematics, new liaisons with other national and international applied mathematics societies and the first CAIMS-SIAM joint Annual Meeting.
Prof Lawniczak has been an active member of CAIMS:
- 2003-2007 CAIMS/SCMAI Executive Documents Drafting Committee
- 2001-2003 CAIMS/SCMAI Past-President
- 1998-2001 CAIMS/SCMAI President
- 1997-1998 CAMS/SCMA President (Canadian Applied Mathematics Society/Société Canadienne de Mathématiques Appliquées)
- 1996-2000 CICAM, Committee for International Conferences in Industrial and Applied Mathematics, CAIMS Representative to CICAM
- 1995-1997 CAMS/SCMA Member-at-large of the Council
University of Guelph,
Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1