CAIMS/BIRS Effective Communication Skills for Applied Mathematicians Workshop
CAIMS and BIRS have partnered to offer the Effective Communication Skills for Applied Mathematicians (ECSAM) workshop. ECSAM is a series of live online modules for applied mathematicians, statisticians, and data scientists looking to hone their ability to communicate with the general public via live interviews, op eds, blogs, or expert witness, etc. Shari Graydon of Informed Opinions is the keynote workshop leader.
ECSAM takes place virtually with 4 (possibly 5) two-day modules in May 2021. All modules run 9AM – 12PM (PST).
- May 6 – 7 Why communicate with non-scientists, and why me?
- May 13 – 14 Effective Communication Principles: Communicating Mathematics to the Lay Audience
- May 20 – 21 Writing Compelling Commentary
- May 27 – 28 Becoming more Effective in Media Interviews
- June 3 – 4 TBA (Stay tuned!)